|EPA Clean School Bus Grants |
ALL REGIONS/AREAS – NATIONWIDE
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is now accepting applications for their 2017 School Bus Rebate Program. The program will provide over $7 million to public and private fleets owners for the replacement or retrofit of older school buses. Your local school district DOES NOT have to be in a non-attainment area to apply.
Funding is $15k-$20k per bus depending on GVWR of the replacement bus.
* Regional, state or local agency; tribal government or native village; or port authority which has jurisdiction over transportation and air quality, including school districts and municipalities
* Private entities that operate school buses under a contract with an entity listed above
Eligible School Buses:
* Must replace MY 2006 or older
* Driven 10,000 or more miles over the last 12 months or in use 3+ days/week during the school year
* Used to transport 10+ pre-primary, primary, or secondary school students to school or homes
* Must replace Class 3-8 diesel-powered buses over 10,001 lb Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). A propane school bus is an eligible replacement.
For more information on the EPA’s School Bus Rebate program, click here.